|Drop-down menu: X-Bar Ultramenu IIS|
- Recommended requirements for VM's (VM = java interpreter)
- Microsoft VM: java version 1.1.4
- Symantec VM: java version 1.1.5
- Sun VM: java version 1.4
- Minimum requirements
- Any properly functional java interpreter which supports java version 1.1 or higher
- What does that mean in practice?
- Microsoft: should run on any Microsoft system which has been kept reasonably up-to-date.
- Netscape: very old 4.0x versions may offer imperfect experiences - 4.0x users should upgrade to at
least 4.5 or later.
- Macintosh: while we endeavour to make these products perform well on Mac platforms, the historical
failure of Apple to distribute robust java interpreters means that we can no longer officially support this platform for this product.
- Sun: if you are using the Sun "plug-in" with Windows, version 1.4 or higher offers the best
experience. With version 1.3, the applet may need to adjust the layout preferences.