|iMMap Pro Menubar|
"Microgrowth Investments" demonstration (navigation bar)
- This menu is an imagemap menu enhanced with drop-down menus.
- A double-bar concept with a vertical space requirement if 80 pixels
has been used.
- The double-bar concept enables (i) double the menu capacity for
a small space increase; and (ii) a user-friendly differentiation
between "global" and "sectional" navigation within the website (see
below under dynamic changes of index contents).
- Although complex graphic effects are possible with this applet,
a simple bi-colour design more convincingly persuades a site visitor
that the navigation bars are easy to use.
- A double-bar concept involves a bar top and bottom of the
applet area with sub-menus rising and dropping from the bars.
The space between is used for global and sections titles,
icons and images - all of which you can design yourself and
have dynamically switched by the menu entries in response to
both mouse-over and mouse-click.
- A menu of this kind can happily cope with many thousands
of index entries; best use is in a separate frame along the
- This demo also shows runtime image changes. Pull down the
"global divisions" menu and click on any of the five regions.
The applet background image will change and you will see the
title graphics between the bars change to reflect the section
of the website under view. This is a very simple use of this
feature - it can be put to much more exotic use, including
index and map layout changes.
- A remote-control option allows the applet to change
in tandem with remote navigation clicks outside the applet.
- Some designers don't seem to realise that the applet
can be easily widened! You can have something like this
across the whole page width.
- Remember that this type of pop-up menu only pops-up
within the bounds of the imagemap applet. The submenus cannot pop-up
over other page content or over frames edges.
|The name of this java menu is iMMap Pro Menubar. It is a hybrid drop-down menu / image-map menu.|
LINKS FOR THIS MENU
HOW TO USE THIS MENU
DEMOS OF THIS MENU